Building Specialists & Suppliers associations
Specialists Trade Alliance of Singapore is an industry association representing the building specialist contractors and suppliers in the building and construction industry. An alliance of 12 Building Specialists and Suppliers associations with over 1,300 corporate members, we advocate the standards of fair trading and commerce in our building and construction industry.
STAS programme is categorized into 3 main areas:
- Competency Development (Specialists Experiential Learnings, On the job Training program)
- Industry Engagement (Events, Workshops, Tradeshows and Marketplace)
- Prefabricated Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme (MAS)
STAS is an active member in some of the BCA Committees, BuildSG Tripartite, Workplace Safety and Health Council ( WSHC ) Construction and Landscape Committee, Work at Height Task Force (WAHTF), Gov Procurement Working Group (SBF), Security Industry Transformation Committee (ISTC), Security Industry Forum (SIF) by Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD), Security Agency Grading Exercise (SAGE) Task Force.
Accreditation of Prefabrication MEP MAS
In supporting our Singapore’s initiative Design for Manufacturing and Assembly ( DfMA ) under Construction Industry Transformation Maps (ITM) for the Built Environment Sector
Act as an Industry platform for our Building Specialist Contractors & Suppliers to network amongst industry stakeholders.
To upskill our Building Specialist Contractors & Suppliers through our specialists experiential learnings
- The standard of conduct and professionalism of trade and specialist contractors and suppliers in the building and construction industry.
- The standard of fair-trading and commerce in the building and construction industry.
- The relationship and co-operation between and amongst members of the Association and with parties related to the building and construction industry.
- High standard of safety practices in building and construction industry.
We have a group of committee members who understand their responsibilities and play their roles professionally. Our committee members not only have the right mixtures of skills, abilities and experiences in the business of building and construction, they also show full commitment to the roles and aims & objectives of our organization.
John Tan (SECA)
1st Vice President
Ian Teo (MBAS)
2nd Vice President
Gan Pay Yap (SGA)
Quah Eng Hing (SLECMA)
Johnny Ng (SPS)
Hon. Past President
Nelson Tee (SSAS)
Thomas Ang (SSWIEA)
Gan Geok Chua (SGA)
Don Lim (SFIC)
- Leong Cheng Wee (ARA)
- Ng Soy Ng (SBMSA)
- Louis Lim (SETA)
- Thomas Chua (SSWIEA)
- Benjamin Tan (RAS)
- Don Lim (SFIC)