A Brief Introduction of SECA
1. Singapore Electrical Contractors and Licensed Electrical Workers Association founded in 1976 and have an official acronym namely - < SECA>.
SECA is having the following logo as the official symbol of the Association:
The Rationales of the above Logo beside “SECA” are:
- The standard wiring colours used in Singapore.
- Brown for Live. Blue for Neutral. Green-Yellow for Earth.
2. SECA registered office is located at 12A Waringin Park, Singapore 416326.
3. Its objectives are:
- To look after the interest of its members by providing a communication channel with the relevant authorities and trade institutions.
- To organise various types of activities for members to foster better relationship among them.
- To provide skill enhancement opportunities to members.
With the above objectives in mind, SECA is currently members of:
Specialists Trade Alliance of Singapore (STAS)
Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI)
The Asean Federation of Electrical Engineering Contractors (AFEEC)
The Federation of Asian and Pacific Electrical Contractors Associations (FAPECA)
The above ensures our presence is significantly influent our related trades and industries.
4. Our Membership is open to all electrical contractors, trading companies in related business and licensed electrical workers. There are no restrictions with regard to sex, race and religion. There shall not be any restriction to the membership size of the Association.
5. Any person wishes to join the Association should submit his name to the Secretary General giving full details in the application form. The details shall include the followings:
- For any person joining the Association as Full Member in the capacity of the representative of an Electrical Contractor or a Trading Company, his company registration number with the Registrar of Companies & Businesses or Building & Construction Authority.
- For Licensed Electrical Worker joining as Individual Member copy of his LEW Licence from the Energy Market Authority
- For Electrical Associates joining as Individual Member copy of his NRIC.
- For Full-Time or Part-Time Student in Electrical related discipline joining as Student Member copy of his Student Pass and NRIC.
6. An entrance fee of S$100 is payable on application for membership.
7. The membership term shall commence from 1st January of each year and expires on 31st December of the same year. Annual subscription fee shall be payable in full regardless whether the member is admitted during any part of the year. There shall be three types of annual subscription fee:
- Corporate Member: S$180 per annum.
- Individual Member: S$90 per annum.
- Student Member: S$30 per annum.
8. SECA held its 42nd SECA Annual General Meeting Date: Friday, 13th April 2018 at 8.30pm. Venue: Qian-Xi Restaurant Civil Service Club and The Management Committee Members elected for May 2018 to April 2020 is as follows:
|President||Mr Tan Chye Tong John|
|Vice President (Public Affairs)||Mr Lim Hui Eng Dennis|
|Vice President (Technical)||Mr Chan Tuck Lee|
|Secretary General||Mr Kway Siak Hwee Edward|
|Assistant Secretary General||Mr Tan Hock Chai Richard|
|Honorary Treasurer||Mr Chua Chin Leng Larry|
|Asst Honorary Treasurer||Mr Somchai Virabhak|
|Council Member||Mr Ang Hoe Joseph|
|Council Member||Mr Goh Chuen Huat|
|Council Member||Mr Goh Chye Soon Michael|
|Council Member||Mr Kok Wee Foo Rick|
|Council Member||Mr Lai Yinn Haw Keith|
|Council Member||Mr Lee Teck Keong|
|Council Member||Mr Lim Poh Beng|
|Council Member||Mr Ng Chuan Yong|
|Council Member||Mr Ng Hiap Hua|
|Council Member||Mr Tan Eng Hwee Jefferson|
|Reserve Member||Mr Kwok Cheat Leong Lawrence|
|Reserve Member||Mr Lim Beng Soon Eythan|
|Reserve Member||Mr Lee Hee Kiang Jack|
|Reserve Member||Mr Lim Kin Seng|
|Reserve Member||Mr Ashok Menghani|
|Honorary Auditor||Mr Lim Say Wei|
|Asst Honorary Auditor||Mr Stephen Tay Hwee Yong|
|Life President||Mr Ong Ha Ho Tony|
|Life President||Mr Wang Hee Weng|
Group Photograph for New Council Members:
From left to right: Mr Lee Teck Keong, Mr Ashok Menghani, Mr Ang Joo Hoe Joseph, Mr Somchai Virabhak, Mr Ng Chuan Yong, Mr Lim Hui Eng Dennis, Mr Tan Chye Tong John, Mr Kway Siak Hwee Edward, Mr Chan Tuck Lee, Mr Goh Chye Soon Michael, Mr Goh Chuen Huat, Mr Ng Hiap Hua, Mr Lee Hee Kiang, Mr Lim Kin Seng, Mr Tan Hock Chai Richard, Mr Lim Say Wei and Mr Tan Eng Hwee Jefferson.
For the Annual General Meeting Photographs, please visit www.seca.sg
Absence from the above photograph:
|Life President (Since 2009)||
Mr Ong Ha Ho Tony
|Life President (Since 2016)||
Mr Wang Hee Weng
Mr Chua Chin Leng Larry
Mr Kok Wee Foo Rick
Mr Lim Poh Beng
Mr Keith Lai Yinn Haw
|Reserve Council Member||
Mr Kwok Cheat Leong Lawrence
|Reserve Council Member||
Mr Lim Beng Soon
|Assistant Honorary Auditor||
Mr Stephen Tay Hwee Yong
|Outgoing Vice President (Technical)||
Mr Ken Jung Gee Keong
The Association would like extend our sincere appreciation to Mr Ken Jung Gee Keong our outgoing Vice President (Technical) who had served us for more than 15 years with his great contribution to set higher standards for the Singapore Standards for Electrical Industry. We looking forward for his return to serve in our Management Council again.
9. SECA is also represented in various Spring Singapore “Singapore Standards Committees and Sub-Committees” to ensure our inputs are included for the Electrical Trades.
10. We constantly provide members of the various updates from the building industries, our affiliated associations, institutions and government authorities etc. Networking gatherings and Annual Golf Tournaments are part of the activities held to foster better relationship among members and trade associates.
11. SECA started its Education Fund from 2018 aimed to support the students in Electrical Engineering related in ITE, Poly and University. The Fund is for SECA to reach-out to the Education Institutions and in particular the students in Electrical Engineering and for the purpose of book award, bursary to assist the needed students.
12. SECA is also contributing to charitable organisations as part of it Social Responsibility Programme engaging itself to a Fine and Excellent Society fill with Love and Compassion.
13. Through its active participation in the STAS’ activities, SECA creates another platform for its members’ voice to be heard to building industry and authorities concerned.
14. For Membership or other Enquiries, please email to:
SECA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: The Secretary General
For more information related to the heartbeats of SECA, please visit www.seca.sg