Who We Are
Specialists Trade Alliance of Singapore is an industry association representing the building specialist contractors and suppliers in the building and construction industry. An alliance of 11 Building Specialists and Suppliers associations (coming to 12) with over 1,300 corporate members, we advocate the standards of fair trading and commerce in our building and construction industry.
STAS programme is categorized into 3 main areas: Competency Development (Specialists Experiential Learnings , On the job Training program), Industry Engagement (Events, Workshops, Tradeshows and Marketplace) and the Prefabricated Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme (MAS).
- STAS is an active member in some of the BCA Committees, BuildSG Tripartite, Workplace Safety and Health Council ( WSHC ) Construction and Landscape Committee, Work at Height Task Force (WAHTF), Gov Procurement Working Group (SBF), Security Industry Transformation Committee (ISTC), Security Industry Forum (SIF) by Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD), Security Agency Grading Exercise (SAGE) Task Force.
Our Key Initiatives
- To upskill our Building Specialist Contractors & Suppliers through our specialists experiential learnings;
- Accreditation of Prefabrication MEP MAS
- In supporting our Singapore’s initiative Design for Manufacturing and Assembly ( DfMA ) under Construction Industry Transformation Maps (ITM) for the Built Environment Sector;
- Act as an Industry platform for our Building Specialist Contractors & Suppliers to network amongst industry stakeholders.
To develop and improve the standard of conduct and professionalism of trade and specialist contractors and suppliers in the building and construction industry;
To develop and improve the standard of fair-trading and commerce in the building and construction industry;
To develop and improve the relationship and co-operation between and amongst members of the Association and with parties related to the building and construction industry; and
To promote and enhance high standard of safety practices in building and construction industry.
Our Management Council Committee
We have a group of committee members who understand their responsibilities and play their roles professionally. Our committee members not only have the right mixtures of skills, abilities and experiences in the business of building and construction, they also show full commitment to the roles and aims & objectives of our organization.
|President||Thomas Ang Moo Keng|
|1st Vice President||John Tan Chye Tong (SECA)|
|2nd Vice President||Patrick Leong (ARA)|
|Hon. Secretary||Quah Eng Hing (SLECMA)|
|Treasurer||Ian Teo (MBAS)|
|Hon. President||Nelson Tee Kok Luan (SSAS)|
|Internal Auditor||Gan Geok Chua (SGA)|
|Don Lim (SFIC)|
|Management Committee||Leong Cheng Wee (ARA)|
|Oliver Ong (SSAS)|
|Ng Soy Ng (SBMSA)|
|Edward Kway (SECA)|
|Louis Lim Chai Lai (SETA)|
|C. M. Wong (SETA)|
|Alison Kwok (SFIC)|
|Gan Pay Yap (SGA)|
|James Lee (SLECMA)|
|Johnny Ng (SPS)|
|Steven Tang (SPS)|
|Tan Wee Teck (SPS)|
|STAS Secretariat Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|